Google
 
  Hotel Chocolat Luxury Chocolate Gifts - Click here
Chocolate Source
 

Pear and Cinnamon Chocolate Truffles

How to make Pear and Cinnamon Chocolate Truffles:

Quantity for ganache

Ingredients
154g (5.5oz) milk chocolate, chopped
84g (3oz) extra thick double cream
2 cinnamon sticks
24g (0.75oz) pear puree
21g (0.75oz) salted butter, cubed
7g (teaspoon) ground cinnamon

Quantity to Finish

Ingredients
453g (1lb) Milk chocolate
7g (teaspoon) ground cinnamon
34g (1oz) puffed rice cereal


Method
For ganache: Place the chocolate in a bowl and put to one side. Pour the cream into a small saucepan with the cinnamon sticks and heat until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat and cover. Leave this to steep for 30mins. Strain this mixture through a fine sieve into another saucepan, add 10g of the pear puree and cook uncovered until it reaches a rolling boil. Pour the mixture onto the chocolate and let this sit for a couple of minutes to melt the chocolate. Slowly stir to mix. Once the ganache reaches 35°c add the remaining pear puree, the butter and cinnamon and mix well. Leave this to harden for about 30mins, then spoon into balls and leave overnight.
To finish: Preheat the oven to 180°c. Mix the puffed rice and cinnamon in a baking dish and lightly toast in the oven for 3-5 mins then allow to cool. Once cooled, crush the mixture with a fork, and place into a shallow bowl. Dip each truffle in melted (tempered) chocolate, one at a time and immediately roll in the rice mixture until it is fully covered and leave there to set.
To temper milk chocolate, 75% of it must be heated to 46°c, then left for 10mins. Give this a good stir then add handfuls of the remaining 25% of the chocolate, finely chopped. Stir well after each handful until the chocolate reaches 27°c, then stop adding chocolate. Heat the mixture back up to 30°c, which should take about 5 secs in the microwave.


Thanks to
Kathryn Hedley from the United Kingdom for submitting this Pear and Cinnamon Chocolate Truffles recipe.

Added on 08 February 2008.

 

Click to here to submit your own recipe


Back to Chocolate Truffle recipes


 
Visit the Chocolate Trading Company
 
Chocolate bullet Home
Chocolate bullet

Chocolate Recipes

 
Chocolate bullet Submit a recipe
Chocolate bullet Latest recipes added
Chocolate bullet Bars
Chocolate bullet Biscuits & Cookies
Chocolate bullet Brownies
Chocolate bullet Cakes
Chocolate bullet Cheesecake
Chocolate bullet Chocolates
Chocolate bullet Desserts
Chocolate bullet Fruit or Vegetables & Chocolate
Chocolate bullet Gateau
Chocolate bullet Hot Chocolate
Chocolate bullet Ice Cream
Chocolate bullet Icing
Chocolate bullet Milk Shake
Chocolate bullet Mousse
Chocolate bullet Muffins
Chocolate bullet Pains au Chocolat
Chocolate bullet Parfait
Chocolate bullet Sauce
Chocolate bullet Sorbet
Chocolate bullet Sundae
Chocolate bullet Truffles
Chocolate bullet History of Chocolate
Chocolate bullet Dark Chocolate
Chocolate bullet Milk Chocolate
Chocolate bullet White Chocolate
Chocolate bullet Chocolate Couverture
Chocolate bullet Belgian Chocolates
Chocolate bullet Swiss Chocolates
Chocolate bullet Truffle Chocolates
Chocolate bullet Sugar-free Chocolate
Chocolate bullet Drinking Chocolate
Chocolate bullet Chocolate Shops
Chocolate bullet What is Chocolate?
Chocolate bullet How to Melt Chocolate
Chocolate bullet Quality of Chocolate
Chocolate bullet Chocolate Decorations
Chocolate bullet Links
Chocolate bullet Contact Us

Chocolate Source

 

   
  © Chocolate Source, 2008