| How to make Easy Chocolate Truffles:
||Heavy Cream (Double Cream)
|1 & 1/2 cups
||Cocoa Powder (Well Sifted)
|14 ounces (400g)
||Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa is best)
|8 ounces (225g)
||Plain Chocolate (A less bitter chocolate, white chocolate can be used)
1. Slowly melt the chocolate pieces. [Important: This is the Dark Chocolate, the lighter chocolate is for coating]
2. As the chocolate is melting bring the cream to boil. (Do not overheat or it will separate)
3. Turn the heat off under the cream and pour in the melted chocolate.
4. Fold the chocolate in thoroughly.
5. Add the butter if you wish. (The butter will give the ganache a glaze)
6. Whisk the ganache for 30 seconds until just thick enough to roll.
7. Melt the rest of the chocolate. (The 8oz of lighter chocolate)
8. Roll the ganache into small balls and roll in the melted chocolate then sprinkle with the cocoa.
04 May 2008.