1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6 and place 12 muffin Cases in a muffin/ deep cupcake tin.
2. Sieve the flour, baking Powder and cocoa powder together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, milk, butter and natural vanilla extract.
4. Fold the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture, add the cocoa and chocolate chips and mix gently to a lumpy batter.
5. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake at the top of the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
6. Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.
Makes: 9 large muffins.
Added on 05 September 2007.