Preheat the oven to GM2/150C. Lightly oil a baking sheet and line with silicon baking parchment.
1) Measure out the sugar into a small bowl.
2) Place the egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until
peaks are formed. HINT: When they are done, you should
be able to turn the bowl upside down without the egg
falling out. DO NOT OVER-MIX.
3) Add the sugar one tablespoon at a time, beating
well between each addition.
4) Mix in the chocolate, finely grated.
5) Spoon the meringue mixture onto the baking parchment.
Cover a circular area with a 20cm diameter.
6) Mound up the edges a little.
7) Swirl up peaks around the edge with a skewer.
8) Place the pavlova in the oven, and after 30 seconds
turn down the heat to GM1.
9) Leave it to cook for an hour, then turn off the
oven, leaving the pavlova still inside.
10) Remove when completely cold.
11) Mix together the cream and fruit. To serve, place on a serving platter and pile up the whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and grated chocolate. If you wish you can mix melted chocolate with the cream to create chocolate cream.
Delicious, and surprisingly easy if you follow the recipe.
Catherine Hall from the United Kingdom for submitting this Chocolate and Raspberry Pavlova recipe.
Added on 19 June 2008.